1. Baby, I’m Yours (Baby, #1), Susan Andersen
2. Mine Till Midnight (The Hathaways #1) by Lisa Kleypas
3. Simply Sinful (Simply Series, #1) by Carly Phillips
4. 50 Ways to Hex Your Lover (Jazz Tremaine, #1) by Linda Wisdom
Katy at A Few More Reading Challenges
is hosting 2 challenges this year for readers who love a good book series. The first challenge is the 1st of a series challenge – read the first book in a series. I love series since I just like following characters from one book to another so this should be fun in that I can find new series! I’m aiming for the Series Lover level.
Are you an avid series reader? Do you want to give a few new series a try? Then this is the reading challenge for you! Participants in the 1st in a Series Challenge decide to start a certain number of series in 2012 and then share their reviews with the community!
(This challenge has previously been hosted at J. Kaye’s Book Blog, Royal Reviews, and A Few More Pages)
Interested in joining the fun? Here are the guidelines:
1. Anyone can join. You don’t need a blog to participate. If you’re not a blogger, you can post your reviews at a review site like Goodreads, LibraryThing, or Shelfari and link them up here.
2. There are four levels for this challenge:
- Series Novice: Read 3 books that are the first in any series.
- Series Lover: Read 6 books that are the first in any series.
- Series Expert: Read 12 books that are the first in any series.
- Series Fanatic: Read 20 books that are the first in any series.
You can list your books in advance or just put them in a wrap up post. If you list them, feel free to change them as the mood takes you. Any genre counts. Any book format counts.
3. The challenge runs from January 1 through December 31, 2012.
4. You can join anytime between now and December 31, 2012.
5. A post will be created here where you can link-up your reviews and visit the reviews of other participants.
6. If you’re a blogger, write up a sign-up post that includes the URL to this post so that others can join in. Feel free to use the button! You can grab the code you need from the box in the right sidebar.